Ruffino Riserva Ducale 2006 Chianti Classico DOCG

#Twittertasting. Tuesday September 13th 20:30 hrs Amsterdam Time. Live twitter report on the theme Chianti Classico. I did not have one stored in my cellar so I especially bought one at the MAKRO for €16,41 alcoholpercentage is 13%. The main grape variety is the sangiovese, with a minimum of 80%, supplemented with cabernet sauvignon and merlot, exact ratios not mentioned on the label nor on their website.

#In the glass and already for two hours in the carafe: Ruffino Riserva Ducale 2006 Chianti Classico DOCG. #Walking towards the fluorescent light. Colour: dark ruby-red with an edge leaning towards brown. #Good, transferring it to the carafe did the trick. Hardly any oak noticeable, just a hint of vanilla. #Very fresh in the nose: minty, Fishermans Friend even! Also some liquorice. Looks like I walked into a candy store! #Wow, the freshness enters my mouth. Good, cool temperature. Red fruit, especially cherry. Low on tannines. #Surely no taste buds bomb. It lingers on the lower part of the mouth. Short final. The acidity could have been higher. #That first fresh impression I had, seems to be nothing more than a thin, watery taste. It doesn't heat me up! #After spitting it out the whole time, I will now swallow it; perhaps that will make a difference. #This certainly is no complex wine, which I had expected for that price. It goes to show you: prices don't mean shit! #Nope, even swallowing doesn't add anything. At most maybe a headache, but I won't know that until tomorrow morning. #I can't make anymore of this Chianti Classico. I will go on drinking this bottle, but the tweets will stop here. #Twexit.

No comments: